Posts tagged ‘zen’
- Peace infuses me as I write.
- The words flow easily from my fingertips.
- I am one with my writing.
- I am connected to the energy around me. This is reflected in my prose.
- Like ripples in the water – my writing radiates outward to the people that need to see it.
- Contemplation and meditation focuses my insight and brings clarity to my writing.
- My intuition strengthens and my writing improves.
- I am mindful. I focus on my words and story.
- I focus on today. One step, one word, one day at a time.
- I write. I pursue goals and dreams. I put forth my best effort. I am at peace with the outcome.
- I, and my writing, are where I need to be.
Today is ‘Z’, the final day in the A to Z blog challenge. Thank you all for following along through the month. We made it! Hooray!
I’m blogging about WRITER’S ZEN: Where writing and meditation meet.
Meditation and positive affirmations can directly benefit our lives in many aspects. It also can benefit our writing — in the creative aspects, our productivity, our career as an author, our feelings about writing and much more. I’m making a conscious effort to make more time in my life for meditation. I’m also practicing using some of these techniques to improve my writing. Through the A to Z blog challenge, I’m sharing some of mine with you.
Read through the affirmations for each subject. Some will probably resonate with you better than others. Maybe all of them will. Maybe none of them will. We are all on our own paths, having diverse needs at different times. Even on our own individual journey, we still require different words and messages on different days.
Pick one or two thoughts that speak to you. Sit quietly for a few moments. Repeat the affirmations to yourself. Say them aloud. Reflect on how these thoughts affect your life and your writing. Are there roadblocks in your life that is stopping the goodness from entering? Are we in any way allowing this roadblock to exist? Are we putting it there ourselves? Open your mind to allowing new possibilities to present themselves.
If a phrase feels more needed, copy it onto an index card or post-it note. Keep it with you, in the car, or on the computer. Repeat throughout the day, reinforcing the message.
Give it a try! Let me know if these help your writing, or if you have any thoughts on affirmations that would be useful to use in your daily life.
A to Z: ‘Z’ is for ZEN
Peace infuses my writing.
The words flow from my fingertips.
I am one with my writing.
I am connected to the energy around me – this is reflected in my prose.
Like ripples in the water – my writing radiates outward to the people that need to see it.
Contemplation and meditation focuses my insight and brings clarity to my life and writing.
My intuition strengthens. My writing improves.
I am mindful. I focus on my words and my story.
I focus on today. One step, one word, one day at a time.
I write. I pursue goals and dreams. I put forth my best effort. I am at peace with the outcome.
I – and my writing – am where I need to be.